Community Organizations


James City County Parks & Recreation works with a variety of groups and organizations to provide recreational and community services to County and City of Williamsburg residents. We work to minimize the need for the department to develop and operate various programs and facilities which are already offered within the community. When considering entering into an agreement with an organization, priority is given to those who serve the greatest number of James City County residents, especially true in situations where the department receives applications from several groups of similar disciplines.

Seasonal Facility Use Agreements

These nonprofit organizations maintain seasonal facility use agreements with the County.

Programming Agreements

These nonprofit organizations collaborate with us to provide programs, events or park amenities.

Community/Business Organizations

These organizations maintain a formal lease or contract services with the County.

Apply for Facility Use Agreement

To apply for seasonal facility use status, a group representative must submit a:

  • Roster of at least 25* participants, which must list the participants' home and email addresses
  • Copy of your scholarship application form*
  • Copy of insurance and endorsement naming James City County as the co-insured
  • Proof of 501(c)(3) status
  • Name of Board representative who will serve as organization contact and liaison

*Number of participants and scholarship application form may not apply to all nonprofit organizations

Parks & Recreation staff will consider requests when all status conditions are fully met. Acceptance is based on space availability, number of existing groups offering similar program, resources, abilities and budget constraints at the time of request. If scheduling conflicts arise, priority is given to the organization that serves the most County citizens. The director of Parks & Recreation makes the final recommendation for agreement status. All agreements are considered for renewal annually based on completion of requirements. Each organization must use the James City County Attorney Office’s approved agreement template for compliance.

For more information on James City County’s agreements, please contact Parks Administrator Alister Perkinson via email or by calling 757-259-5370.

Related Documents

Banner Sales Program

The James City County Parks & Recreation Department’s Community Organization Banner Sales (COBS) program allows organizations that have a valid Seasonal Facility Use Agreement, lease agreement or other written agreement on file with the Department to raise revenue to support their recreation programs through the sale of banners that are displayed at select County athletic facilities. The fee to participate is 10% of the price of each banner sold. Organizations who wish to participate may contact Tyler Cobb via email or by calling 757-259-5352.

Learn more about the many sponsorship and donation opportunities for businesses and organizations on our Advertising & Sponsorships page.